Thursday, September 16, 2010

La Hormiga De Oro (Nicaraguan Restaurant)

This place holds a special place to me because it was the very first restaurant I went to when I first came to United States and ate because it was different to what I know from Trinidad and Tobago. Its not a fine dining like its counterpath in Main St, Miami Lakes EL Novillo. But I love the food in this restaurant think EL Novillo could back seat for while.

My favorite is Ginto Pinto (rice and red beans) I will always order it with Churrasco Nica style its really delicious. I have had as well the pig's feet cooked like a stew and that was good as well almost reminded me of Trinidad. I saw some similarities in the cooking of some meats and rice.

Sometimes there is a bit of language barrier when communicating the choices but the food is really good for its price. You will get a good meal for under 10 dollars with a drink. One of my best experiences and still love this restaurant to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment